If you haven’t used self storage before, it’s really simple, easy and practical.
Once you have signed up and have your Licence Agreement* you’re ready to ‘move in’ and start using your storage unit. You can reserve your unit on-line on our website – making it quick and efficient to book your storage space. To reserve space fill out our storage registration form
To work out how much space you will need – use our simple space guide to calculate which size unit will suit your requirements and how much it will cost. Unlike some of our competitors you will only have to pay for the space you need and the time you need it for – with no hidden costs.
Before we issue a Licence Agreement we will require the following:
- Photo ID – e.g. passport or photo driving licence
- Proof of Address – e.g. bank statement or utility bill less than 3 months old
- Future Address Details – a future contact address if you are moving or it differs from that on your ID
- Emergency Contact Details – alternative contact person/details
- Property Valuation – We will ask for the full new replacement value of the goods you are placing into storage.
Under the terms of your contract with Avon Self Storage ALL goods being placed into self-storage units MUST BE INSURED.
This is standard practice and you can insure your goods in the following ways:
- Use your existing policy or insurer (most companies will require notification that goods are in storage)
- Arrange a specific policy for your stored items
- Use the Avon Self Storage insurance policy*
* Avon Self Storage cover:
- Goods/property covered for fire, theft, flood, malicious damage etc.
- Policy cost based on replacement cover of your goods (excluding clothing items)
- Weekly fee 70p for each £1,000.00 of insured value
- Monthly fee £3.00 for each £1,000 of insured value
- Policy covers property up to value of £25,000 per customer (higher value can be arranged with application in writing to our insurers)
Full details of our insurance policy can be provided on request. Alternatively read more on our Insurance information page.
Once you have stored your items into the unit you padlock the storage unit with a padlock supplied by us. You are the only key holder to your storage unit and the site is entered using a secure entry tag. The site is protected by the latest technology in CCTV systems and access controlled entry gate, along with security night lighting.
When you rent a self storage unit at Avon Self Storage you will be able to drive up close to unload your goods. Once in storage you can visit as many times as you wish without paying an access fee. You can get to your container at any time of day or night. The site is accessible 24/7, 365 days a year.
We are located at:
Dalling Road, Branksome, Poole,
Dorset, BH12 1DJ
Credit/Debit card accepted:
Please give us a call on the phone number below and leave a message with your number, we are notified of messages 24/7 and will be able to contact you immediately.